Sunday, August 9, 2009

Daemons utilizing tcp_wrappers

While glancing over "Hardening Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5" by Steve Grubb from Red Hat, I came across a nice little tip.  I always knew the common daemons which were compiled with tcp_wrappers support, but somewhere in the back of my mind I always wondered how to get a definitive list of all daemons on my system which were compiled with tcp_wrappers. 

Following output generated on Fedora11 and only pertains to executables in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.


$ sudo egrep libwrap /usr/bin/* /usr/sbin/* | awk -F 'bin/' '{print $2}' | awk '{print $1}' | sort
exportfs  
hoststat
mailq
mailq.sendmail
mailstats
makemap
makemap
newaliases
newaliases.sendmail
pacat
pacmd
pactl
paplay
parec
pasuspender
pax11publish
praliases
pulseaudio
purgestat
rmail
rmail.sendmail
rpcinfo
rpc.mountd
rpc.rquotad
sendmail
sendmail.sendmail
smrsh
sshd
stunnel

Cheers,
VVK

No comments:

Post a Comment